Another favorite dish of our house! It is a slight variation to the normal tomato curry and from the time mum tried it, we all have been asking for more. Now since my Ammi is on her pilgrimage trip to Mecca, i thought lemme make this ;) And i did and it turned out just the way Ammi makes it. So you know, how proud i feel! ;)
The best thing i like about this dish is the aroma. It smells sooooo good that you would want to eat it right away!
So here goes the recipe for the Chatpata tomato curry!
You will need:
Chopped Tomatoes - 6-8
Mustard seeds - 1 tbsp
Cumin seeds/ Zeera - 2 tbsp
Fresh Curry leaves - 10-12
Chilli powder - 1 1/2 tbsp
Salt to taste
Oil - 2 tbsp
Boiled eggs ( optional)
1. Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds and allow it to pop. Then add the cumin seeds, curry leaves and the chopped tomatoes.
2. Add salt and stir-fry this paste.
3. Add a cup of water and mix well. Close it with a lid and allow it to cook for a couple of minutes.
4. Add chilli powder and let it cook for a couple of minutes again.
5. You can divide the boiled eggs into half and add it to the curry just before serving.
SERVE HOT along with white rice, paapad and pickle!